Researcher Fish or Shrimp Health
Skretting is a global leader in providing innovative and sustainable nutritional solutions to the aquaculture industry. Skretting has production facilities in 18 countries on five continents to manufacture and deliver high quality feeds from hatching to harvest for more than 60 species. The total annual production volume of feed is more than 2 million tonnes.
Skretting Aquaculture Research Centre (ARC) is the global research organisation for Skretting. The research centre is based in Stavanger, Norway, and has further research units in Italy, Spain, China, Ecuador, Australia, Egypt and Japan.
Skretting ARC employs an international team of over 100 highly skilled specialists, supported by a substantial annual investment in advanced R&D. We collaborate with over 50 research institutes and private companies across the globe. Core competencies are nutrition, health, feed production and research methodologies.
For more information about Skretting ARC visit www.skrettingarc.com.
Researcher: Fish or Shrimp Health
Skretting ARC is currently looking for an experienced researcher in aquatic animal health with an innovative mindset and sound collaborative skills. In this role you will be a key player in the development of novel solutions optimising fish and/or shrimp health for our fast growing aquafeed operations world-wide.
Main tasks include:
- Planning, coordination and execution of research studies related to fish/shrimp health.
- Development and implementation of novel technologies to assess aquatic animal health and facilitate research and development of functional nutrition solutions.
- Management of collaborative projects with internal and external partners.
- Communication of results and findings to our key stakeholders; assist in implementation.
- Provide technical support relating to fish/shrimp health issues to our operating companies.
- PhD in animal health, immunology, pathology or equivalent.
- Competence of experimental design of fish/shrimp trials and proficiency in statistics.
- Proven track record in the development of new concepts and technologies related to animal health.
- Network of scientific partners (preferably international).
- Specific experience of functional feed development is preferable, but not a requirement.
- Innovative mindset, including a hands-on and target oriented mentality.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- High proficiency in the English language.
In this position you will have the opportunity to:
- Join a well-established team of fish and shrimp health researchers.
- Work in a progressive and highly innovative environment.
- Develop and implement new products, technologies and concepts.
- Closely interact with our operating companies world-wide as well as other parts of the organisation.
- Work for a leading company in animal nutrition and aquafeed.
We offer a challenging position with ample possibilities for professional growth and competitive benefits. We also support and encourage extracurricular sport, health and cultural activities.
The working location is Stavanger, Norway. Stavanger is located in the beautiful south of Norway with easy international connectivity and high quality international schooling for children. The working language is English.
The successful applicant combines a high level of understanding of his/her technical area with a creative and innovative mindset. For further information please contact Charles McGurk, Health Manager, Skretting ARC, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications are invited from candidates with the described skills and experience. Please send your CV and cover letter describing your motivation by email to: email@example.com
15 September 2017