Technical Sales Representative
Title: Technical Sales Representative
Location: Campbell River, BC
Employment Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Reporting To: Sales Manager West, SKNA
Feeding the Future. Skretting is an essential link in the feed-to-food chain, and we aim to contribute to meeting the rising food needs of a growing population in a sustainable manner. Headquartered in Vancouver, BC, Skretting is the leading manufacturer of quality feed for the aquaculture industry in North America.
Currently we are searching for a Technical Sales Representative, based in Campbell River, BC, who will act as a point of contact for Skretting clients and report directly to the Saes Manager West, SKNA. The successful individual will build long-lasting, mutually beneficial relationships with our customers, specifically on Vancouver Island, and always strive to find the solution which best fits their individual needs. This position also will aid internal departments by collecting information, producing forecasts, using models and offering onsite services to improve fish performance. From working on the water taking fish flesh samples to analyzing biological data to provide recommendations for improvement, no two days will ever be the same!
To succeed in this position, candidates should have exceptional communication, computer, and problem-solving skills. The successful candidate should be resourceful, analytical and organized with the ability to build rapport with clients.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Working with our clients in the field and on the water.
- Communicating with clients to understand their needs and find solutions through products and services.
- Building relationships with clients based on trust and respect.
- Collaborating with internal departments to facilitate client need fulfillment.
- Collecting and analyzing data to track feed and fish performance.
- Keeping accurate records through our CRM system.
- Resolving complaints and preventing additional issues by improving processes.
- Working within a team focused on common goals.
- Acting as a client advocate with a focus on improving performance and efficiency.
- Traveling locally, as required.
What you bring
- Minimum 2 year’s experience working in the Aquaculture industry.
- Post secondary degree, with a science-related major.
- Valid license and reliable vehicle.
- Boating and experience on the water considered an asset.
- Exceptional communication, computer and technical skills.
- Ability to collect, track, analyze and communicate data.
- Must be better at listening than speaking.
- Driven and passionate.
As a member of the Skretting team, you can expect
- A diverse and inclusive culture
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Internal advancement opportunities
- Annual employee events
- An organization that supports the local community
To join this progressive, growth oriented company, please forward your application to:
We thank all those that apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.