Business IT Manager
Title: Business IT Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Reporting To: Controller, SKNA
Feeding the Future. Skretting is an essential link in the feed-to-food chain, and we aim to contribute to meeting the rising food needs of a growing population in a sustainable manner. Headquartered in Vancouver, BC, Skretting is the leading manufacturer of quality feed for the aquaculture industry in North America.
Currently, we are looking for an IT Manager to join our team in Vancouver, BC. Reporting to the Controller, this position is responsible for implementing the IT strategy and for the proper functioning of the IT processes, local IT organization, management of the project portfolio, and the correct operation of specific applications within the local organization.
Reporting to the Business IT Manager, the Business IT Specialist is responsible for operational management of our local and regional IT Systems in line with the IT Policy and Strategy. This includes providing support for local business applications, providing support for Nutreco applications, management of local business applications, management of local IT-related projects and coordination and execution of IT tasks. This position will also work closely with our Global IT Services (GITS) and Nutreco Competence Center (NCC).
Key duties and responsibilities
- Deliver specific business input and advices the Corporate IT Director in defining the IT strategy and the Project Portfolio.
- Contributes to the definition of the IT structures, such as organization, application landscape, and processes.
- Takes the lead in and organizes IT strategy progress meetings with local management.
- Accountable for the IT budget. Takes corrective actions when necessary and ensures adequate reporting within corporate guidelines.
- Provides input for the quarterly 8Q roadmap.
- Defines the IT business requirements, supported by key users and IT contacts.
- Ensures that the IT requirements are correctly transferred to and adapted by the Global IT Services organization and/or Competence Center and are secured by Service Level Agreement.
- Implements projects, processes and process related policies.
- Identifies opportunities for IT system improvement.
- Ensures that business specific applications are well managed.
- Executes, guides, and monitors the IT project portfolio.
- Monitors the performance of projects/programs and benefit evaluation.
- Bachelor's degree and 5-8 years working experience in a related IT position.
- Extensive knowledge of ERP systems and Microsoft platforms.
- Advanced computer and analytical skills.
- Ability to build relationships between the business and IT.
- Experience in Manufacturing would be an asset.
- Sound knowledge of project management.
As a member of the Skretting team, you can expect
- A diverse and inclusive culture
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Internal advancement opportunities
- Annual employee events
- An organization that supports the local community
To join this progressive, growth oriented company, please forward your application to:
We thank all those that apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.