Accounts Payable Clerk
Title: Accounts Payable Clerk
Location: Vancouver, BC
Department: Finance Employment
Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Reporting To: Assistant Controller
Feeding the Future. Skretting is an essential link in the feed-to-food chain, and we aim to contribute to meeting the rising food needs of a growing population in a sustainable manner.
Headquartered in Vancouver, BC, Skretting is the leading manufacturer of quality feed for the aquaculture industry in North America with production facilities in British Columbia, New Brunswick and Utah. Skretting is a wholly owned subsidiary of Nutreco, which employs approximately 11,000 people in 35 countries across the world. For more details refer to http://www.nutreco.com.
Reporting to the Assistant Controller, the Accounts Payable Clerk is responsible for processing company invoices efficiently and accurately. This position requires a high attention to detail and the ability to handle high volumes of transactions. The ideal candidate will also have experience working with an integrated ERP system and be able to take ownership of the assigned duties.
As the Accounts Payable Clerk, your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Handle a high volume of invoices with accuracy.
- Follow workflow of invoice scanning tool, verify invoices and record invoices into ERP system with appropriate account coding, purchase order, and cost centre.
- Follow appropriate invoice / payment approval policies and procedures.
- Reconcile AP sub-ledger to General Ledger - investigate and resolve any differences.
- Manage cheque runs/EFT and prepare wire transfers to ensure vendors are paid on time and with the correct amounts.
- Correspond with vendors, respond to inquiries, and maintain excellent vendor relationships.
- Verify vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and resolve any discrepancies as necessary.
- Handle and record petty cash.
- Process expense reports through cloud based application.
- Maintain filing system for payables.
- Work with personnel from different departments on AP related issues.
- Assist in month-end closing.
- Assist with other projects as needed.
If you would like to join a progressive international company in a rapidly growing industry, please forward your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a similar role.
- Experience with Infor/Lawson M3 is a definite asset.
- Experience with any AP invoice scanning tool is preferred.
- Experience with mid-sized to enterprise level ERP system is necessary.
- Ability to work well both independently and in a team environment.
- Flexible/Quick adaptor to change.
As a member of the Skretting team, you can expect:
- A diverse and inclusive culture
- Competitive compensation
- A comprehensive benefits package
- Participation in our annual bonus program
- Career and personal development opportunities
- Annual employee events
- An organization that supports the local community and values people