Communication and Sustainability Specialist
Title: Communication & Sustainability Specialist
Employment Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Reporting To: Marketing Manager, SKNA
About Skretting North America
Skretting is the world leader in the manufacturing and supply of aquaculture feeds, making it an essential link in the feed-to-food chain. We apply our knowledge of ingredients and the nutritional needs of fish and shrimp to develop innovations that achieve optimum nutritional value, sustainable production and economic performance as we seek to fulfill our company-wide mission of ‘Feeding the Future’. Skretting North America has three production locations of which two are located in Canada: Vancouver, British Columbia and St Andrews, New Brunswick. The production facility in the USA is located in Tooele, Utah. From these three locations we supply customers in Canada, USA and Mexico.
The Communication and Sustainability Specialist coordinates and implements the business communication and sustainability strategies for all three operations, under the direction of the Marketing Manager.
This position ensures that Skretting Global communication and sustainability standards are maintained within Skretting North America and provides input in the relevant global teams on behalf of the local operations.
The Communication and Sustainability Specialist prepares, manages and updates marketing and promotional material for external and internal audiences.
The Communications and Sustainability Specialist safeguards the Skretting visual identity and ensures compliance and reporting in line with sustainability requirements of Skretting and its customers.
Sustainability and Communication Development
- Guide the Skretting North America business on sustainability developments in alignment with the global Nutreco sustainability agenda (ie Nuterra).
- Maintain sustainability dialogue with all departments, customers, regulatory bodies and Skretting Global groups.
- Maintain awareness of market issues and prepare issue position statements to support our local market and customers.
Promotion and Marketing Activities
- Manage Skretting North America events and its participation in conferences.
- Coordinate internal and external promotional activities including newsletters, websites, advertisements, product brochures, product datasheets and presentations using various channels and digital solutions.
- Develop promotional material, presentations and product dossiers, in collaboration with the Marketing Manager and Product Manager.
- Manages content of website, uploading relevant documents and engaging with global teams to optimise its utility and impact.
- Supports the internal compliance with corporate logos, email signatures and manuals using the global style guide and standards.
- Lead and follow up projects as required to maintain focus on sustainability projects and ensure their success.
- Deliver internal sustainability projects and report their outcomes during all staff meetings.
- Represent Skretting North America on global teams for Communications and Sustainability activities.
- Maintain and develop Skretting North America communication tools for improved internal and external communication.
- Facilitate internal sustainability reporting.
- Coordinate and publish external sustainability reports.
Other Marketing Projects
- Customer Satisfaction – Execute our program to measure customer satisfaction, report on results and suggest business improvements.
- Assist the marketing manager with collecting marketing intelligence.
- Assist the marketing manager with project based marketing activities.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor or Master with a specialization in communication and / or marketing.
- Specialization in aquaculture or animal science is not required but considered advantageous.
- Advanced communication skills (verbal, written and visual).
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign) and web design an asset.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Team player, able to work collaboratively at all levels of the organization and external stakeholders.
- Exposure to and/or expertise in sustainability issues related to animal production advantageous.
As a member of the Skretting Team, you can expect:
- A diverse and inclusive culture
- Competitive compensation
- A comprehensive benefits package
- Participation in our annual bonus program
- Career and personal development opportunities
- Annual employee events
- An organization that supports the local community
- Limited travel within North America to attend meetings, tradeshows and Skretting events
If you would like to join a progressive international company in a rapidly growing industry, please forward your cover letter and resume today!
We thank all those that apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.