Employment Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Reporting To: Nutritionist
Feeding the Future. Skretting is an essential link in the feed-to-food chain, and we aim to contribute to meeting the rising food needs of a growing population in a sustainable manner.
Headquartered in Vancouver, BC, Skretting is the leading manufacturer of quality feed for the aquaculture industry in North America with production facilities in British Columbia, New Brunswick and Utah. Skretting is a wholly owned subsidiary of Nutreco, which employs approximately 11,000 people in 35 countries across the world. For more details refer to http://www.nutreco.com.
Currently, we are looking for a Formulator to join our team in Vancouver, BC. Reporting to the Nutritionist, this position is responsible to produce quality and cost-effective formulas that meet all company standards.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- To conduct formulation activities to support the daily production of fish feed.
- Manages formulation related information systems including formulation software and data sets.
- Prepares and reviews formulation related reports.
- Works closely with the production team to ensure formulations are consistent with efficient production.
- Works with Production schedulers and Raw material coordinators to assist with ingredient requirements
- Assists with investigations related to formulation related questions.
- Bachelors or Master of Science (Animal Nutrition) or related degree Preferred but not essential
- Experience with nutritional formulation, modelling and forecasting.
- Advanced computer and analytical skills.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities.
- Effective communication
- Experience in Manufacturing would be an asset.
As a member of the Skretting team, you can expect:
- A diverse and inclusive culture
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Internal advancement opportunities
- Annual employee events
- An organization that supports the local community
If you would like to join a progressive international company in a rapidly growing industry, please forward your cover letter and resume to email@example.com