St. Andrews, NB
The Challenge: By 2050, world population will reach 9 billion, while earth’s resources will become more and more scarce.
Our Mission: Feeding the Future. Skretting is an essential link in the feed-to-food chain, and we aim to contribute to meeting the rising food needs of a growing population in a sustainable manner.
Headquartered in Vancouver, BC, Skretting is the leading manufacturer of quality feed for the aquaculture industry in North America. We offer competitive compensation with comprehensive benefits packages, participation in annual bonus program, career and personal development opportunities, diverse yet inclusive culture and more!
Currently, we are seeking a reliable, hard-working Maintenance Technician to join our team in St. Andrews, NB. Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, this role will keep the plant running smoothly by maintaining all equipment and the manufacturing plant. Based in the plant, the environment is fast-paced and exposure to high noise levels is frequent.
If you are a safety-minded team player, who likes to figure out how things work, apply today! The starting wage for this position is $26.71 per hour with a potential increase after successfully completing three month probation.
- Adhere to production and shipping schedules:
- Take all actions to eliminate delays
- Carry out and document all levels of preventative and emergency maintenance on various equipment and items
- Cost Control:
- Minimize downtime during repair and purchasing costs
- Food Safety:
- Prevent unsafe contamination of feed by following established procedures
- Health & Safety:
- Eliminate any hazards that may result in property loss or personal injury
- Participate in housekeeping of mill and plant as assigned
- Entered in the NB apprenticeship program for millwright and/or industrial Mechanic
- Minimum of one (1) year in the NBCC training program
- Forklift, WHIMS, Confined Space, Lock Out procedure and First Aid training
- Strong problem-solving, teamwork and communication skills
- Flexible with working hours – shift work required and overtime/weekend work may be required
To join this progressive, growth oriented company and help make a difference, please forward your application to:
Human Resources Team
Identify in the subject line: Maintenance Apprentice
We thank all applicants for their interest, but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.