St. Andrews, NB
The Challenge: By 2050, world population will reach 9 billion, while earth’s resources will become more and more scarce.
Our Mission: Feeding the Future. Skretting is an essential link in the feed-to-food chain, and we aim to contribute to meeting the rising food needs of a growing population in a sustainable manner.
Headquartered in Vancouver, BC, Skretting is the leading manufacturer of quality feed for the aquaculture industry in North America. We offer competitive compensation with comprehensive benefits packages, participation in annual bonus program, career and personal development opportunities, diverse yet inclusive culture and more!
Currently, we are seeking two (2) reliable, hard-working Production Technicians to join our team in St. Andrews, NB. Reporting to the Production Supervisor, this role keeps the plant running smoothly by making the feed and supporting all functions: extrusion, packaging and mill support. Based in the plant, the environment is fast-paced and exposure to high noise levels is frequent.
If you are a safety-minded team player, who likes to get things done and hit targets, apply today! The starting wage for this position is $16.32 per hour with a potential increase after successfully completing three month probation.
- Record commodity test results in online database
- Use NIRS 6500 to analyze and test materials
- Conduct inventory count
- Check and refill all material to sufficient levels
- Monitor machinery and notify maintenance team of any malfunction
- Ensure disposal of rework and trash is appropriate
- Health & Safety:
- Eliminate hazards that may results in property loss or personnel injury
- Participate in housekeeping and cleaning of mill
- Continue to make Skretting a great place to work!
- Minimum of three (3) years working in a manufacturing environment
- Trained in Forklift, WHIMS, Confined Space, and First Aid Level 1
- Able to work under tight deadlines and use computer programs (ADM/Movex)
- Strong problem-solving, teamwork and communication skills
- Flexible with working hours – shift work required and overtime/weekend work may be required
To join this progressive, growth oriented company and help make a difference, please forward your application to:
Human Resources Team
Identify in the subject line: Production Technician
We thank all applicants for their interest, but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.