Supply Chain Manager
Title: Supply Chain Manager
Location: Vancouver, BC
Department: Logistics and Supply Chain
Employment Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Feeding the Future. Skretting is an essential link in the feed-to-food chain, and we aim to contribute to meeting the rising food needs of a growing population in a sustainable manner.
Headquartered in Vancouver, BC, Skretting is the leading manufacturer of quality feed for the aquaculture industry in North America with production facilities in British Columbia, New Brunswick and Utah. Skretting is a wholly owned subsidiary of Nutreco, which employs approximately 11,000 people in 35 countries across the world. For more details refer to http://www.nutreco.com.
The Supply Chain Manager will be responsible for managing the flow of all raw materials and finished goods within the North American sphere to meet the forecasted requirements. The Supply Chain Manager will analyze, evaluate and recommend improvements in Skretting’s North American supply chain activities. Improvements recommended and approved will be the Supply Chain Manager’s responsibility to implement and manage effectively in all North American Skretting facilities.
As the Supply Chain Manager, your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Define, implement and monitor the supply chain strategy for North America.
- Define the strategic production plan according to the production and sales needs of the company.
- Ensure the quality of the raw material requirements generated from the system are accurate
- Design and supervise the production forecast process correcting possible deviations.
- Strategically and operationally plan inbound and outbound logistics consistent with approved supply chain strategies.
- Define and implement warehouse strategies for raw materials and finished goods.
- Define and implement logistic strategy for outbound goods to optimize finished goods inventory levels and Working Capital targets.
- Analyze, manage and control stock levels.
Key Account Management:
- Establish, update and evaluate the supply chain KPIs. Monitor and analyze the KPIs, being also responsible for their presentation and internal communication.
Standardization and optimization of processes:
- Monitor forecast process from sales forecast to raw material requirements.
- Ensure receipt of all required raw materials are achieved to meet production demands.
- Evaluate the final product delivery costs by promoting cost savings and shorter lead times.
- Manage and maintain tools, reports and records of internal operations, and those of service to the final customer.
- Create operational policies or procedures for related activities.
- Implement material and information flow management systems: software, MRP, electronic warehouse device.
- Ensure implemented tools are functional and fully utilized by all appropriate users.
- Develop and participate in start-up in process improvement projects (IT, NUTRECO projects).
- Connect with other departments of the organization by developing methods to identify improvement opportunities that can be implemented in the future.
Coordinate and direct staff:
- Facilitate multidisciplinary teams to develop and execute on medium and long term supply chain management strategies
- CSCP designation or equivalent experience required.
- At least seven years’ experience in a global supply chain environment.
- Experience with sales and operational planning process in a manufacturing environment.
- Highly skilled with Microsoft Office Suite (specifically Excel).
- Extensive ERP use is essential.
- Previous experience implementing an ERP system is an asset.
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Critical thinking, problem-solving and math skills essential.
- Ability to develop a set of KPIs and reporting tools.
- Strong leadership capabilities with the ability to motivate and lead a team remotely.
- Adaptable and flexible to a changing environment.
- Previous experience working in an innovative and efficient supply chain environment where SC is the core business Experience with integrated B2B supply chain collaboration between companies.
- Frequent travel is required.
As a member of the Skretting team, you can expect:
- A diverse and inclusive culture.
- Competitive compensatio.
- A comprehensive benefits package.
- Participation in the Nutreco Global bonus program Career and personal development opportunities Annual employee events An organization that supports the local community
If you would like to join a progressive international company in a rapidly growing industry, please forward your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.