IT Operations Engineer - Invergordon, Scotland
The purpose of this role is to support the overall execution of the business IM/IT strategy, including the maintenance and support of the IT infrastructure and local business applications. Reporting to the Business IT Manager you will be responsible for providing day to day support services to ensure systems availability, reliability & performance are maintained.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Regular communication with functional manager to ensure compliance with Nutreco IT
Strategy, Nutreco workplace standards and Nutreco security policy.
• IT Incident and Request management, escalating business critical incidents to 3rd party support.
• IT Change and release management.
• Hardware and Software procurement.
• Liaise with 3rd party suppliers on sales, service or technical matters
• Review new solutions and assess suitability for use in the business where ppropriate.
• Implement/Execute disaster recovery planning, testing and documentation.
• Ensure effective Backup and Recovery measures are in place
• Promptly address IT security issues as they occur.
• Facilities and infrastructure management (i.e. Server rooms, Local Area Networks,
Printers/Copiers, Telephone systems, Video Conferencing systems, etc).
• Produce comprehensive work instructions for 3rd party contractors when required.
• Produce, collate and maintain documentation on IT operational procedures in line with Topex/ITIL requirements.
• IT Inventory management and redundant equipment disposal.
• Manage Specialist (Industrial IT) activities and projects as identified
• API interfacing support for Production related software Interfaces
• Administer servers and supporting infrastructure for industrial systems
• Liaise with Automation and Engineering staff and provide technical help and guidance where required.
The ideal candidate will already have experience in Operations, Industrial or IT infrastructure role, particularly within manufacturing is desired, but not essential. Be qualified by experience or ongoing CPD, or relevant degree. You can adopt a logical and methodical approach with problem solving and solution oriented skills.
You’ll have the ability to work on your own initiative and under a structure environment and possess well-developed communication and interpersonal skills, also able to assume a coordinators role in multidisciplinary teams.
To apply please submit your application stating why you want to be considered for the role to:
Hayley Rowlinson – Hayley.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date 26th January 2018