Title: CMMS Technician
Employment Type: Full-Time, permanent
Reporting To: Maintenance Supervisor
Wage: $19 per hour
Skretting is the world leader in the manufacture and supply of aquaculture feeds, making it an essential link in the feed-to-food chain. We apply our knowledge of ingredients and the nutritional needs of fish and shrimp to develop innovations that achieve optimum nutritional value, sustainable production and economic performance as we seek to fulfill our company-wide mission of ‘Feeding the Future’.
Currently, we are looking to fill an opening for a CMMS Technician at our Tooele, UT location.
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, this position is responsible for supporting and coordinating activities of the Maintenance Department through effective communication and by implementing, various policies and procedures. As a member of the Maintenance team this position, like all members of this group, will assist other team members in their duties to ensure the timely delivery of information, parts, data and service that allow Skretting to meet the needs of production. The successful applicant will have strong computer skills and be both organized and safe minded. No formal maintenance training required!
Main Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Review incoming maintenance requests by investigating each request and assisting with the appropriate response, including materials procurement and creating work orders.
- Be involved in weekly work plans based on user requests, the preventative maintenance program and planned maintenance projects. Develop and update reports to track activities.
- Utilize the computerized maintenance program, database and spreadsheet software to produce daily, weekly, monthly and annual report information required by Management. Manipulate data in order to analyze, identify and forecast work.
- Assists Maintenance in the coordination of maintenance work as well as in the planning and management of equipment shutdowns to ensure resources and costs for outages are minimized. Assist in developing/generating manpower report logs.
- Assist the maintenance department by providing revised weekly plans, resources, materials and/or equipment needed.
- Review all items covered by preventative maintenance systems on a regular basis to ensure that each is consistent with good engineering and safety practices in description, intent, frequency and specifications.
- Review statistical and work reports from the Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (SMMS) to identify and prioritize building requirements within realistic budget constraints.
- Ensure that the preventative maintenance programs are in place and operating for all critical building systems by working with all employees to identity and prioritize building system maintenance requirements within realistic budget constraints.
- Provide analysis, study processes and provide reporting related to continuous improvement in production processes.
The Ideal candidate will:
- Be able to influence and interact with supervisory personnel.
- Be able to operate under pressure with constantly changing priorities and deadlines.
- Be able to communicate and deal with various stakeholders with tact and diplomacy.
- Be able to manage user requests and translate to a plan of action.
- Be able to prioritize user requests based on current need and budgets.
- Be knowledgeable in reading schematics and troubleshooting of electrical systems.
Education & Experience:
- Grade 12 diploma.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Experience in maintenance an asset.
If you would like to join a progressive international company in a rapidly growing industry, please forward your cover letter and resume to email@example.com