Title: HR Generalist
Department: Human Resources
Employment Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Reporting To: Human Resources Manager
Feeding the Future. Skretting is an essential link in the feed-to-food chain, and we aim to contribute to meeting the rising food needs of a growing population in a sustainable manner. Headquartered in Vancouver, BC, Skretting is the leading manufacturer of quality feed for the aquaculture industry in North America with production facilities in British Columbia, New Brunswick and Utah. Skretting is a wholly owned subsidiary of Nutreco, which employs approximately 11,000 people in 35 countries across the world. For more details refer to http://www.nutreco.com.
We are looking for a well-rounded HR professional with strong relationship-building and management skills to join Skretting’s North America Human Resources team. The Human Resources Generalist acts as a consultant and coach to a dedicated client group on a variety of issues including, employee relations, recruitment, performance management, talent development, organizational development, and employee engagement. The ideal candidate will have generalist and functional HR experience; sound judgment; and, strong interpersonal skills.
- Provide HR support to all levels in the organization by ensuring the administration of HR policy and procedures.
- Support the operations team with talent acquisition needs including recruitment efforts, pre-employment, new hire processes and orientation.
- Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions)
- Support the payroll administration process by liaising with payroll team to ensure timely and accurate submission of required documentation.
- Assist in planning and organizing training sessions, seminars, meetings, individual training plans, etc.
- Complete and process documentation for events throughout the employee lifecycle including new hires, leaves of absences, benefits changes, transfers, and exits
- Investigate and respond to general employee and manager concerns or inquiries on a timely basis.
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Work closely with HR team to deliver programs that will drive increased employee satisfaction and commitment levels.
- Assist with the implementation of organization-wide HR projects including the on-going introduction or strengthening of HR best practices.
- Participate in the implementation of a new HRIS system including testing and change management communication plans.
This would be the ideal job for you if...
- You seek to build caring relationships that are founded on trust, honesty and integrity.
- You genuinely care about the people you work with and balance the needs of the individual with the strategies of the organization.
- You are an excellent communicator and listener. You listen intently and truly understand the needs of your audience. You are direct, clear and thoughtful. You carefully craft what you say and how you will say it whether spoken or written.
- You are accountable and take ownership of your commitments. You do what you say you are going to do and deliver on those promises.
- You have a high tolerance for ambiguity and you roll with the punches when things change.
- You are motivated to find answers or solutions and you are adaptable to taking a different direction when required.
- At least 7 years’ HR experience working in progressively more responsible positions Manufacturing environment an asset
- 3 years’ experience in a generalist role
- Highly skilled with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Experience working with HRIS software – Workday, Oracle Fusion
- Thorough knowledge of relevant legislation
- Previous experience supporting US workforce an asset
- Passionate about providing the best customer experience
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to handle high volume of data with accuracy.
- Ability to work well both independently and in a team environment.
- Adaptable and flexible to a changing environment.
As a member of the Skretting team, you can expect:
- A diverse and inclusive culture
- Competitive compensation
- A comprehensive benefits package
- Participation in our annual bonus program
- Career and personal development opportunities
- Annual employee events
- An organization that supports the local community
If you would like to join a progressive international company in a rapidly growing industry, please forward your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
We thank all those that apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.