Global Maintenance Engineer
|Education level||Degree qualifications in Mechanical, Electrical or Process Engineering or equivalent experience|
Would you like to join one of the world’s leaders in Additives and Animal Nutrition? Are you looking forward to a multi-disciplinary role with variation from very practical issues to more abstract and complex problems? Then Skretting has a very interesting role for you!
Skretting ARC is looking for an experienced Global Maintenance Engineer with excellent communication and collaboration skills. In this role you will be a key contributor to the performance of all Skretting manufacturing plants worldwide.
- Develop and support the implementation of operational standards in maintenance.
- Perform onsite assessment of Skretting operating companies worldwide to improve equipment performance and overall plant performance.
- Diagnosis of equipment issues and allocation of priority actions that can ensure high available plant time and equipment performance.
- Interact with investment teams to give advice and support in large investment projects.
- Guide the local organisations in the follow-up and implementation of issued recommendations.
- Provide training to Skretting operating companies concerning the optimisation and maintenance of feed manufacturing machinery.
- Provide onsite and offsite technical support to all Skretting operational teams world-wide.
- Support our network of Process Engineers from all Skretting operating companies in the sharing and defining of best practice and local implementation of new concepts and technologies.
Background and competencies:
- Degree qualifications in Mechanical, Electrical or Process Engineering or equivalent experience.
- At least 3 year experience in maintenance or manufacturing management, preferably in the animal feed or pet food production industry.
- In depth knowledge of mechanical equipment operation and performance optimisation.
- Understanding maintenance strategies required for manufacturing excellence.
- Basic knowledge of automation and electrical issues related to equipment performance
- Excellent influencing and communication skills
- Innovative mind-set.
- Hands-on and target oriented.
- Ability to build trust and goodwill among people with different cultural backgrounds.
In this position you will have the opportunity to:
- Join a well-established group of Process Engineers and Feed Manufacturing Researchers.
- Closely interact with our production operations world-wide.
- Work in a progressive and highly innovative environment
We offer a challenging position with ample possibilities for professional growth and competitive benefits. We also support and encourage extracurricular sport, health and cultural activities.
Working location is Stavanger, Norway. Stavanger is located in the beautiful south of Norway with easy international connectivity and high quality international schooling. Working language is English.
You should have the ability and willingness to travel internationally to all continents. A travel activity of 40 to 60 days per year is to be expected.
For further information about the position please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please apply by submitting a CV and cover letter.
Interested in this position:
We would like to hear from you! You can express your interest in this role by clicking the button “apply”. In case you do apply, we like to thank you for sharing your ambition with us.
Skretting is a global leader in providing innovative and sustainable nutritional solutions and services for the aquaculture industry. Skretting has production facilities in 18 countries on five continents to manufacture and deliver high quality feeds from hatching to harvest for more than 60 species. The total annual production volume of feed is close to 2.5 million tonnes. Our mission is Feeding the Future.
Skretting Aquaculture Research Centre (ARC) is the global research organisation for Skretting. The research centre is based in Stavanger, Norway, and has further research units in Australia, China, Chile, Ecuador, Egypt, Italy, Japan, and Zambia.
Skretting ARC employs an international team of highly skilled specialists, supported by a substantial annual investment in advanced R&D. We collaborate with over 60 research institutes and private companies across the globe.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Skretting is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, military status or any other status protected by applicable local law. Please advise us at any point during the recruitment and selection process if you require accommodation. Skretting is committed to compliance with all applicable legislation, including providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities.