|Education level||A university Bachelor degree in economics or business sciences|
Skretting is seeking a Procurement Analyst for its Central Procurement team, based at our global division office in Stavanger. With Skretting’s annual purchasing of approx. EUR 2 bn, the successful applicant will be tasked with a wide range of analysis work supporting Central Procurement, as well as the purchasing teams located within Skretting’s Operating Companies around the world and other Skretting functional teams (Marketing, Sales, etc.). This work ranges from strategic studies, business plans, operational improvement initiatives, sustainability reports and spend and profit analysis.
In short, a broad portfolio of tasks that will develop you further in project management, business analysis and global collaboration and an excellent starting position for someone that want to develop a (global) career in a commercial and/or analytical role in the aquaculture and/or animal nutrition industry.
This work ranges from strategic studies, business plans, operational improvement initiatives, sustainability reports, and also spend and profit analysis.
With the opportunity to advance project management, business analysis and global collaboration skillsets, this position offers an excellent starting role for someone wanting a commercial and/or analytical career in the aquaculture and/or animal nutrition industry.
The Procurement Analyst position is part of the Skretting’s global procurement team, reporting to the Skretting Procurement Director. Support is available to facilitate relocation.
With aquaculture feed production in 16 countries, Skretting is a global company. It is part of Nutreco, which also comprises a global land animal nutrition division, and is owned by SHV, a Dutch family company owning a range of global companies.
Careers at Skretting offer the opportunity for individuals to broaden their horizons, and to grow their professional experience and expertise in Norway and overseas locations.
Tasks and responsibilities include but are not limited to
Support the development of strategy plans/strategic projects for Skretting and Nutreco
- Support Category Managers and Lead Buyers in defining purchasing strategies and purchasing plans for each category. These will be consistent with Skretting’s business strategy and other plans including its group-wide sustainability strategy
- Actively participate in procurement projects concerning opportunities and cost-saving improvements in procurement categories and in Operating Companies
Support Category Managers in monitoring industry trends, market data, prices, etc
- Provide and ensure data (e.g. Master Data) is correctly reported in the standard procurement system in order to deliver consistent management information (IT/IM management systems)
- Perform analysis to identify potential improvements within categories
- Perform industry and market analysis and process into management information
Support the Procurement team on performance control
- Analyse spend data
- Support the preparation of category plans
- Provide regular adequate management data (e.g. category plan reviews)
Support the Procurement team with contract and supplier management
- Build and maintain market reference data and market intelligence infrastructure
- Support Category Managers and/or Lead Buyers in RFI/RFP/RFQ projects from vendor selection until final contract
- Conduct (financial) analysis of comparative bids
- Support the negotiations of business terms and conditions, and provide support in contracting processes
- Maintain and help to build supplier relationships
Support the Procurement team with meetings and ad hoc information requests
- Participate actively in projects and give support to the development of the Skretting Procurement organisation (e.g. organise the global procurement conference)
- Support the entire Skretting organisation with ad hoc spend analysis and business reviews
- A university Bachelor degree in economics or business sciences
- Experienced user of Office 365 products, including Excel, PowerPoint, Teams and SharePoint
- Project management skills to execute projects and engage in a planned timeline with the right stakeholders
- A strong analytical interest
- Experience with Power BI would be a plus
- A background in or affinity with aquaculture and/or fish feed ingredients is a plus
- A proactive and positive attitude is required as this role requires the individual to work independently and without continuous support on a multitude of topics
- You need to be structured, precise and creative in your thinking to find solutions and resolve issues (recurring and new challenges)
- Because Skretting is a global company, you must be able to work successfully and collaboratively with colleagues and suppliers all over the world
- A strong drive and curiosity to understand the needs of procurement stakeholders and to be able to identify opportunities for them
We can offer
We are offering an exciting role in an ambitious and growing team that is of great importance to Skretting in general and Skretting Procurement in particular. You will collaborate with Skretting’s Operating Companies all over the world, working across its sales, marketing, finance, operations, quality and research teams. This is an excellent starting position for an intelligent and proactive person that wants to develop a commercial and/or analytical career.
There will be an assessment in the recruitment process
Location: Stavanger, Norway (local contract)
Application deadline: 29.01.2021
Skretting is a global leader in providing innovative and sustainable nutritional solutions and services for the aquaculture industry. Skretting has production facilities in 18 countries on five continents to manufacture and deliver high quality feeds from hatching to harvest for more than 60 species. The total annual production volume of feed is close to 2.5 million tonnes. Our mission is Feeding the Future.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Skretting is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, military status or any other status protected by applicable local law. Please advise us at any point during the recruitment and selection process if you require accommodation. Skretting is committed to compliance with all applicable legislation, including providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities.