Procurement Category Manager – Land Animal Products
|Education level||University degree in sciences or commerce|
Would you like to join one of the world’s leaders in aquaculture feed? Skretting is seeking a Category Manager with strong experience of the rendering industry and rendering technologies to lead the Land Animal Products category in our Skretting global procurement team.
By-products of human food production derived from land animals represent a significant proportion of our anual procurement and opportunity for further development. Reporting to the Skretting Procurement Director, the Category Manager will be part of the central team to manage this important category.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the category; products, prices, suppliers, competitors, etc. – be or become the expert in this category and share this across the organisation;
- Development and execution of category plans and sourcing strategies
- Scouting for development opportunities to increase raw material availability in line with growth ambitions, to reduce supply risk and to drive raw material innovation;
- Developing supply and commercial terms of raw materials identified in our R&D activities
- Lead global contract negotiation and manage pricing and contractual arrangements for secured ingredients;
- Strategic development of global suppliers and building of supplier engagement;
- Interface between suppliers, R&D, marketing and OpCos on global development projects;
- Support OpCo procurement managers to secure the best product
Background and competencies
- You will hold a University degree in sciences or commerce;
- >5 years’ experience in a managerial position in the land animal by-product chain (processing, product development, commercial or procurement) or industry strongly connected to the category;
- Significant experience in project management and product development
- Knowledge of and experience with category sourcing methodologies, sourcing policies and procedures;
- Experience with Contracting and ERP systems. Skilled with all Microsoft Office software applications, like Excel and Powerpoint;
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written (knowledge of other languages is an advantage)
Skretting can offer you a challenging and exciting career in a multi-disciplinary global work environment, the opportunity to learn, develop and grow with a market leader and a competitive remuneration package. The position is located at Skretting head office in Stavanger, Norway. Relocation assistance will be provided. We also support and encourage extracurricular sport, health and cultural activities.
Working location is Stavanger, Norway. Stavanger is located in the beautiful south of Norway with easy international connectivity and high quality international schooling. Working language is English.
You should have the ability and willingness to travel regularly internationally to all continents. A travel activity of 40 to 60 days per year is to be expected.
For further information about the position please contact Grant.Robertson@dsjglobal.ch
Please apply by submitting a CV and cover letter.
Interested in this position
We would like to hear from you! You can express your interest in this role by clicking the button “apply”. In case you do apply, we like to thank you for sharing your ambition with us.
Skretting is a global leader in providing innovative and sustainable nutritional solutions and services for the aquaculture industry. Skretting has production facilities in 18 countries on five continents to manufacture and deliver high quality feeds from hatching to harvest for more than 60 species. The total annual production volume of feed is close to 2.5 million tonnes. Our mission is Feeding the Future.
Skretting Global Procurement is the central procurement organisation for Skretting, while part of the actual procurement is done in the local operating companies, the management of large global contracts, category knowledge building and development and design of our procurement strategy is defined centrally.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Skretting is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, military status or any other status protected by applicable local law. Please advise us at any point during the recruitment and selection process if you require accommodation. Skretting is committed to compliance with all applicable legislation, including providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities.