Project Manager - Ingredient Sustainability
Following a strategic review of the global procurement team at Skretting and an update of the Nutreco sustainability strategy driven by an increasing external attention and an internal desire to reduce our environmental footprint, Skretting is seeking a full time Project Manager - Ingredient Sustainability. The position is part of the global Skretting procurement team reporting to the Skretting Procurement Director. The position is based in the Skretting Division office in Stavanger. For the succesful candidate support is available to facilitate relocation.
Tasks & responsibilities include (but are not limited to)
- Lead environmental impact and sustainability assessments of raw materials
- Collect data based on methods consistent with Nutreco and industry best practices in order to undertake Lifecycle assessment (LCA analysis. Build and maintain databases with relevant information and develop reporting)
- In cooperation with Category Managers, liaise with suppliers to secure deeper understanding of footprints of our raw materials and supply chain and identify options to reduce our footprint
- Support the business to identify options and best path towards meeting Skretting Sustainability Ambition 2025
- Support category managers, OpCo's, Marketing and rest of organization with sustainability input
- Communication of (global) procurement team, internal and external, represent Division Procurement on Global Sustainability and Communication teams
- Contribute to the development of strategy and engagement with certification bodies and stakeholder groups (e.g. Aquaculture Stewardship Council, IFFO Responsible Supply and relevant EU approved Product Environmental Category Rules) in cooperation with sustainability functions for Skretting and Nutreco
- Support Nutreco and Skretting sustainability managers on projects and reporting, participate in Nutreco/Skretting sustainability meetings
- On the longer term, support the Skretting commercial teams in developing products and services targeted towards and based on our understanding of the environmental footprint
- A background in agriculture, biological science and a strong analytical interest is preferred
- You will need a strong affinity (and if possible actual experience) with sustainability analysis of supply chain footprint and lifecycle assessment (LCA)
- Strong stakeholder and project management skills for the various LCA challenges that you will be dealing with both internally and externally
You need to be structured, precise and creative in your thinking to come to concrete assessments without making the job unnecessary difficult.
We can offer
We offer an exciting role in a growing team that is of great importance to Skretting. You will work a lot across functions, collaborating with marketing, communication and R&D. Much customer, supplier and management attention has been, and will be, going into our footprint understanding and ability to act on it.
Please contact Robert van den Breemer, Skretting Procurement Director