Researcher Fish Nutrition
|Education level||PhD in fish nutrition, a related field or equivalent work experience|
Skretting ARC is currently looking for a researcher in fish nutrition with an innovative mindset and good collaboration skills. In this role you will be a key player in the development of novel solutions optimising fish diets for our fast growing aquafeed operations world-wide.
Main tasks include
- Planning, coordination and execution of research studies related to fish nutrition with focus on salmon and trout
- Management of collaborative projects with internal and external partners
- Communication of results and findings to our key stakeholders and implementation assistance
- Provide technical support relating to fish nutritional issues to our operating companies
- PhD in fish nutrition, a related field or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge on feed for recirculating aquaculture systems (RAS)
- Competence in experimental design of fish trials and proficiency in statistics
- Insight into feed formulation and/or fish physiology is preferred
- Innovative mindset, including a hands-on and target oriented mentality
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- High proficiency in the English language
In this position you will have the opportunity to
- Join a well-established team of fish and shrimp nutritionists
- Work in a progressive and highly innovative environment
- Develop and implement new products, technologies and concepts
- Closely interact with our production locations worldwide as well as other parts of the organisation
- Work for a leading company in animal nutrition and aquafeed
We offer a challenging position with ample possibilities for professional growth and competitive benefits. We also support and encourage extracurricular sport, health and cultural activities.
The working location is Stavanger, Norway. Stavanger is located in the beautiful south of Norway with easy international connectivity and high quality international schooling for children. The working language is English.
The successful applicant combines a high level of understanding of his/her technical area with a creative and innovative mindset. For further information please contact May-Helen Holme, Department Manager Salmon Nutrition Skretting ARC, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please attach your CV and cover letter describing your motivation.
Interested in this position
We would like to hear from you! You can express your interest in this role by clicking the button “apply”. In case you do apply, we like to thank you for sharing your ambition with us.
Skretting is a global leader in providing innovative and sustainable nutritional solutions and services for the aquaculture industry. Skretting has production facilities in 18 countries on five continents to manufacture and deliver high quality feeds from hatching to harvest for more than 60 species. The total annual production volume of feed is close to 2.5 million tonnes. Our mission is Feeding the Future.
Skretting Aquaculture Research Centre (ARC) is the global research organisation for Skretting. The research centre is based in Stavanger, Norway, and has further research units in Australia, China, Chile, Ecuador, Egypt, Italy, Japan, and Zambia.
Skretting ARC employs an international team of highly skilled specialists, supported by a substantial annual investment in advanced R&D. We collaborate with over 60 research institutes and private companies across the globe.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Skretting is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, military status or any other status protected by applicable local law. Please advise us at any point during the recruitment and selection process if you require accommodation. Skretting is committed to compliance with all applicable legislation, including providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities.