Researcher Shrimp Nutrition and Physiology
|Education level||PhD in shrimp or fish nutrition/physiology related field or equivalent work experience|
Skretting ARC is currently looking for a researcher focused on shrimp nutrition and physiology nutrition with an innovative mindset and good collaboration skills. In this role you will be a key player in the development of novel solutions optimising shrimp diets for our fast growing aquafeed operations world-wide. While the post is for a shrimp nutrition and physiology researcher, those with experience from teleosts, and a willingness to expand their knowledge base may also be considered.
Main tasks include
- Planning, coordination and execution of research studies related to shrimp and warm water fish nutrition
- Management of collaborative projects with internal and external partners
- Communication of results and findings to our key stakeholders, assist in implementation
- Provide technical support relating to nutritional issues to our operating companies
- PhD in shrimp or fish nutrition/physiology related field or equivalent work experience
- Competence in experimental design of animal trials and proficiency in statistics to interpret the results and guide business growth
- Knowledge of the nutritional requirements of warmwater species especially shrimp.
- An understanding of the raw material requirements for producing high quality shrimp feeds is advantageous, though not required for the post
- Demontrasted collaborative team work skills
- Innovative mindset, including a hands-on and target oriented mentality
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- High proficiency in English
- Experience of working in multi-national teams
In this position you will have the opportunity to
- Join a well-established team of fish and shrimp nutritionists
- Work in a progressive and highly innovative environment
- Develop and implement new products, technologies and concepts to advance shrimp farming and contribute directly to the sustainability of future aquiaculture operations
- Closely interact with our production locations worldwide as well as other parts of the organisation
- Work for a leading company in animal nutrition and aquafeed
For questions related to the position, please contact Mattew Owen (Manager Shrimp and Warmwater Species Nutrition) on e-mail: email@example.com
Please apply by submitting a CV and cover letter. Application deadline is 2 August 2020.
Please note that due to the summer holidays, applications will not be reviewed until the beginning of August.
Skretting is a global leader in providing innovative and sustainable nutritional solutions and services for the aquaculture industry. Skretting has production facilities in 18 countries on five continents to manufacture and deliver high quality feeds from hatching to harvest for more than 60 species. The total annual production volume of feed is close to 2.5 million tonnes. Our mission is Feeding the Future.
Skretting Aquaculture Research Centre (ARC) is the global research organisation for Skretting. The research centre is based in Stavanger, Norway, and has further research units in Australia, China, Chile, Ecuador, Egypt, Italy, Japan, and Zambia.
Skretting ARC employs an international team of highly skilled specialists, supported by a substantial annual investment in advanced R&D. We collaborate with over 60 research institutes and private companies across the globe.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Skretting is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, military status or any other status protected by applicable local law. Please advise us at any point during the recruitment and selection process if you require accommodation. Skretting is committed to compliance with all applicable legislation, including providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities.