Researcher Shrimp or Fish Nutrition
|Education level||PhD in fish or shrimp nutrition or related field or equivalent work experience|
Skretting Aquaculture Research Centre (ARC) is the global research organisation for Skretting. The research centre is based in Stavanger, Norway, and has further research units in Australia, China, Chile, Ecuador, Egypt, Italy, Japan, and Zambia.
Skretting ARC employs an international team of over 120 highly skilled specialists, supported by a substantial annual investment in advanced R&D. We collaborate with over 60 research institutes and private companies across the globe. Core competencies are nutrition, health, feed production and research methodologies.
Skretting ARC is currently looking for a researcher in shrimp and marine fish nutrition, focussed on the hatchery segment, with an innovative mindset and good collaboration skills. In this role you will be a key player in the development of novel solutions optimising shrimp and fish diets for our fast growing aquafeed operations world-wide.
Main tasks include:
- Planning, coordination and execution of research studies related to shrimp and marine fish , larval nutrition
- Management of collaborative projects with internal and external partners
- Communication of results and findings to our key stakeholders and assist in implementation
- Provide technical support relating to nutritional issues to our operating companies
- PhD in fish or shrimp nutrition or related field or equivalent work experience
- Prioirty will be given to candidates with experience of larval nutrition
- Competence in experimental design of animal trials and proficiency in statistics
- Knowledge of shrimp feed formulation and/or aquatic animal physiology/biochemistry is preferable, but not a requirement
- Innovative mindset, including a hands-on and target oriented mentality
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- High proficiency in the English language
In this position you will have the opportunity to:
- Join a well-established team of fish and shrimp nutritionists
- Work in a progressive and highly innovative environment
- Develop and implement new products, technologies and concepts
- Closely interact with our production locations worldwide as well as other parts of the organisation.
- Work for a leading company in animal nutrition and aquafeed.
We offer a challenging position with ample possibilities for professional growth and competitive benefits. We also support and encourage extracurricular sport, health and cultural activities.
The working location is Stavanger, Norway. Stavanger is located in the beautiful south of Norway with easy international connectivity and high quality international schooling for children. The working language is English.
The successful applicant combines a high level of understanding of his/her technical area with a creative and innovative mindset. For further information please contact Matthew Owen, Warm water species nutrition manager, email: email@example.com
Please attach your CV and cover letter describing your motivation to your application