|Education level||Minimal MSc in Physics, (Bio)Process Technology, Feed Manufacturing, Food Technology or equivalent.|
Skretting ARC is currently looking for a Researcher Particle and Powder Science with an innovative mindset and good collaboration skills.
This is a temporary position with a duration of twelve months. In this role you will play an important role in the development of novel aquafeed products for our fast growing operations world-wide.
- Design, set up and perform experiments in our lab in order to understand and optimise the behaviour of powders and powder mixtures in our plants and products
- Further development of our methods to characterise particles and powders
- Collaborate with internal and external partners in the field of particle and powder properties
- Communication of results and findings to our key stakeholders; assist in implementation
- Provide technical support related to particle and powder properties to our operating companies
Background and competencies
- Minimal MSc in Physics, (Bio)Process Technology, Feed Manufacturing, Food Technology or equivalent
- Experience with material characterisation, particle and powder properties as well as powder rheology
- Demonstrated ability to develop new concepts and technologies
- Innovative mindset, including a hands-on and target oriented mentality
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
In this position you will have the opportunity to
- Join a well-established team of Feed Manufacturing Researchers
- Work in a progressive and highly innovative environment
- Develop and implement new technologies and concepts; contribute to the launch of new products
- Work for a leading company in animal nutrition and aqua feed
We offer a challenging position with ample possibilities for professional growth and competitive benefits. We also support and encourage extracurricular sport, health and cultural activities.
The working location is Stavanger, Norway. Stavanger is located in the beautiful south of Norway with easy international connectivity and high quality international schooling for children. The working language is English.
The successful applicant combines a high level of understanding of his/her technical area with a creative and innovative mindset. For further information please contact Jan Jonkers, Manager Feed Production Skretting ARC, e-mail: email@example.com
Applications are invited from candidates with the described skills and experience. We will only review the applications containing both a Cover letter describing your motivation and a CV.
Deadline to apply: 08.11.2020
Skretting is a global leader in providing innovative and sustainable nutritional solutions and services for the aquaculture industry. Skretting has production facilities in 18 countries on five continents to manufacture and deliver high quality feeds from hatching to harvest for more than 60 species. The total annual production volume of feed is close to 2.5 million tonnes. Our mission is Feeding the Future.
Skretting Aquaculture Research Centre (ARC) is the global research organisation for Skretting. The research centre is based in Stavanger, Norway, and has further research units in Australia, China, Chile, Ecuador, Egypt, Italy, Japan, and Zambia.
Skretting ARC employs an international team of highly skilled specialists, supported by a substantial annual investment in advanced R&D. We collaborate with over 60 research institutes and private companies across the globe.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Skretting is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, military status or any other status protected by applicable local law. Please advise us at any point during the recruitment and selection process if you require accommodation. Skretting is committed to compliance with all applicable legislation, including providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities.