Researcher Protein Functionality
|Education level||PhD in (Bio-)Process Technology, Food or Feed Technology, Biotechnology, Materials Science or equivalent|
Skretting Aquaculture Research Centre (ARC) is the global research organisation for Skretting. The research centre is based in Stavanger, Norway, and has further research units in Australia, China, Chile, Ecuador, Egypt, Italy, Japan, and Zambia.
Skretting ARC employs an international team of over 120 highly skilled specialists, supported by a substantial annual investment in advanced R&D. We collaborate with over 60 research institutes and private companies across the globe. Core competencies are nutrition, health, feed production and research methodologies.
Skretting ARC is currently looking for a reseacher with an innovative mindset and good collaboration skills. In the role as Researcher you will be a key player in the development of novel aquafeed products and processes for our fast growing manufacturing operations world-wide.
- Planning, coordination and execution of research studies related to protein functionality.
- Test, evaluate and document novel concepts at our laboratory and pilot plant.
- Communication of results and findings to our key stakeholders and assist in implementation.
Background and competencies:
- PhD in (Bio-)Process Technology, Food or Feed Technology, Biotechnology, Materials Science or equivalent.
- In depth knowledge about functionality drivers in proteins and how to best utilise, modify and optimise these.
- Proven track record in the development of new concepts and technologies related to protein functionality.
In the position you will have the opportunity to:
- Join a well-established team of Feed Manufacturing Researchers and Process Engineers.
- Work in a progressive and highly innovative environment.
- Develop and implement new products, technologies and concepts.
- Closely interact with our production locations worldwide as well as other parts of the organisation.
- Work for a leading company in animal nutrition and aquafeed.
We offer a challenging position with ample possibilities for professional growth and competitive benefits. We also support and encourage extracurricular sport, health and cultural activities.
The working location is Stavanger, Norway. Stavanger is located in the beautiful south of Norway with easy international connectivity and high quality international schooling for children. The working language is English.
The successful applicant combines a high level of understanding of his/her technical area with a creative and innovative mindset. For further information please contact Jan Jonkers, Manager Feed Production Skretting ARC, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please attach your CV and cover letter describing your motivation to your application