|Nivå på utdannelse||Master or with equivalent research experience in the relevant fields|
In this role you will be a key player in implementing new methodologies and further extend the scope of techniques used in-house. Most of the work will take place Most of the work will take place in our innovative and radical research centre in Stavanger.
While the post is for a Specialist Microbiome, those with experience from microbiology and a willingness to expand their knowledge base may also be considered.
- Develop and optimise methods for the microbiome research area, with a key focus on gut enhancement
- Initiate and run projects
- Develop and coordinate relations with technology suppliers and external institutions in the field of microbiome research
- Master or with equivalent research experience in the relevant fields
- Knowledge from the microbiology/molecular biology sector
- Experience in developing and optimizing new methods
- Experience in experiment design and statistics
- Experience in cell culture is advantageous
- Demonstrated collaborative team work skills
- Innovative mindset, including a hands-on and target oriented mentality
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- High proficiency in English
- Experience of working in multi-national teams
In this position you will have the opportunity to
- Join a well-established group of Research colleagues
- Closely interact with our health specialist network world-wide
- Work in a progressive and highly innovative environment
For questions regarding this position, please contact Team Leader, Biotech - Delphine Crappe.
Please apply by submitting a CV and cover letter.
Application deadline is 20.10.2020.
Skretting is a global leader in providing innovative and sustainable nutritional solutions and services for the aquaculture industry. Skretting has production facilities in 18 countries on five continents to manufacture and deliver high quality feeds from hatching to harvest for more than 60 species. The total annual production volume of feed is close to 2.5 million tonnes. Our mission is Feeding the Future.
Skretting Aquaculture Research Centre (ARC) is the global research organisation for Skretting. The research centre is based in Stavanger, Norway, and has further research units in Australia, China, Chile, Ecuador, Egypt, Italy, Japan, and Zambia.
Skretting ARC employs an international team of highly skilled specialists, supported by a substantial annual investment in advanced R&D. We collaborate with over 60 research institutes and private companies across the globe.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Skretting is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, military status or any other status protected by applicable local law. Please advise us at any point during the recruitment and selection process if you require accommodation. Skretting is committed to compliance with all applicable legislation, including providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities.